Wednesday 24 January 2007

5goals for writing in 2007

Goal 1 [Standard 1. Uses the general skills and strategies of the writing process]
Put more effort on evaluating and try to give good advice to myself and other people to able to fix
Method- Instead of just writing and revising, I will try evaluating my and people’s writing so that I will be able to see the difference. I will spend more time on evaluating after my finish my drafts. As I evaluate mind and others’, I can see the quality and what I have to fix and to improve in my writing.

Goal 2 [Standard 2. Uses the stylistic and rhetorical aspects of writing]
Try to organize ideas to achieve cohesion in writing that readers will feel smooth and fluent in my writing.
Method- To organize ideas in smooth way, I will use outline with main ideas and other supporting ideas. I will always keep my main topic inside my head and try to support my main idea with variety information I have.

Goal 3 [Standard 3. Uses grammatical and mechanical conventions in written compositions]
Use conjunctions fluently in written compositions in every sentence in my writing.
Method- As I learn many conjunctions (FANBOYS) and grammar rules for sentences, I will use conjunctions correctly to connect sentences in smooth way without awkwardness.

Goal 4 [Standard 4. Gathers and uses information for research purposes]
Use variety information, true and accurate, from print and electronic sources to research topic.
Method- Usually I use only one resource from internet and the information is uncertain. There is variety of resources that we can use even from book, internet, magazine, newspaper, and etc. So I will use at least 3 different sources that can give me good information to make my ideas accurate.

Goal 5. [Weighted Categories]
Word Choice
Method- I am lack of vocabularies in my writing. Instead of ‘to be’ verbs, I should try more active an attractive verbs that can interest readers. I should study English vocabularies more so that my word choice will be good with correct meaning.

No comments: